Followers

Monday, September 16, 2024

A Day to Remember

 "Cochise College comes away with the A-C-C Championship," I remember it like yesterday the Region One NJCAA championship game and we were facing off against our rivals Eastern Arizona College. The gym was packed on both sides of the bleachers. This was the same place and team we faced last year for the championship only to come up short in double overtime. But this time it was different, this was my team, and I instilled in my head that I would come out a champion by any means necessary, I was truly ready to give everything I had. This was a matter of revenge! We faced so much adversity throughout the year, dealing with multiple injuries, disconnection as a team as well as being considered a losing team before Christmas break. The season was tough.

The crowd must have felt the energy because they came with three cardboard cutouts. One of me, my coach (Misty Opat), and my teammate (Fortuna Ngnawo) which happened to be a big mistake! they just turned us up in reality. I started the game by putting two points on the board, still carrying fumes from the last game I felt any shot I took I just couldn't miss, and I wasn't the only one the game quickly became out of reach by the second quarter it almost as if they rolled over.


We finished the game 68-to-49. I finished the game with 18- points, six rebounds, and two assists. we ended the year 26-8 and I made the all-team second team. most importantly I became a champion which is an opportunity of a lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day to Remember

 " Cochise College comes away with the A-C-C Championship," I remember it like yesterday the Region One NJCAA championship game a...